Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks


As I sit here and down load the camera so many little pictures dance across my screen. It makes me think about all of the things I am grateful for. (as did Rachael's inspirational post) -- and not necessarily in order--
I am grateful for a wonderful relationship with my best friend and husband if over 30 years.
I am grateful for each of my children, their awesome spouces and my most favorite 7+ grandbabies-- the best in all of the world!!
I am grateful for wonderful parents and the blessing that they choose to have me- their last of 7 babies. I was their biggest pest spelled "P-E-T"
I am grateful that I grew up on a farm and grateful that I finished growing up in the city. I was too young to milk the cows but old enough to feed the calves when we moved.
I am grateful for wonderful relationships with all of my siblings and extended family members.
I am grateful for great friendships - some that came through the years for various purposes and some that have been with me through the years that will always be part of my life.
I am grateful for amazing job opportunities through my life. I have an awesome resume and a vast pool of varied employers-- but all representing products or services that I loved promoting!!
I am grateful for TRAVEL!! I LOVE IT!!
I am grateful for amazing clients that I have bonded with through the years. More then just business but friends. But I am grateful that I no longer arise at 6AM every Sunday morning to unlock the doors for Rock Canyon Church. -- Thank you Tyler & Dean.
I am grateful for my daughters and daughter in laws that are my best friends and such wonderful mothers to my grandbabies.
I am so grateful to my sons and son in laws for being such great providers and loving fathers for my grandbabies.
I am grateful for loving pets -- both my onw through the years--even Sherman the mouse-- and those who I have been able to love from afar.
I am grateful that we have been able to raise our children in the same fields that our ancestors settled -- Alexander Beckstead and Samuels Egbert.
I am grateful for Autumn View and Lava Hot Springs and Thai Food.
I am grateful for old movies and color TV. I didnt have color TV until I was married.
I am grateful for gelato and flan and chocolate and steak and lettuce wedges with blue cheese crumbles.
I am grateful that Delta Airlines and Air France found my lost luggage last year and that a miracle happened and I made it in time for Lottie's birth.
Speaking of births, I am so grateful for the safe delivery of all of my grandbabies and that this past year I have been able to see 3 brand new spirits fresh from the arms of Heavenly Father join our family.
I am grateful for spider monkeys and sloths because soon I will be able to see them in their natural enviroment.
I am grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ be a central part of who I am.
I am so grateful for so many things, but right now I am grateful that my husband has run a hot bath for me and tomorrow it will be time to start another week.

2 comments:

Amy E. said...

Wow! I'm grateful for a lot of the same things you are. I'm grateful for blogs that let me keep up with all my family and friends.

bella utahan said...

Great list!