Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photo Tag - The Italian Job


Kristi tagged me for the 4th picture in the 4th file on my desk top. Now- because we have reserected an old computer for me to use, This picture is what we get. Now it might look un-assuming picture-- some workers Of course they are in the canals of Venice. But what I remember about this was this simple thing really struck me. We were picking Rachael up from her mission and this was about the 4th day into the trip. We had arranged to stay at B&B close to the train station called "Anna's Rooms for Friends". Interestingly enough, this was probably Anna's limit to her English vocabulary. Anna was early 60's and her and her husband opened up every square inch of their 3 bedroom flat for paying guests. We shared everything, even there bathroom (ps-- never use the towels next to the bidea). But that is part of the charm of European budget travel at $100 or more per night in Venice. Now- back to the picture. On our way to find Anna's door bell, we walked down this alley and here were these men on a boat that looks very similar to our Eliminator back in South Jordan. Only this is actually their truck. And the street their own is kind of like a dead end alley. When most of us think about the canals in venice, we think of gondola's and The Italian Job. But these men have the real Italian job. I wonder if Venicians ever water ski??
I tag Leslie & Bill -- my 2 cousins who share their bday-- if they ever check this blog. I would tag Amy if she had a blog.

3 comments:

bella utahan said...

Great picture, but I think you forgot the second part of the tag! If you leave Bill and Leslie a comment for tag then maybe they will do it.

Amy E. said...

A new posting!!! I'm so excited. And a little relieved I don't have a blog...especially since I just archived all my photos and don't have a "fourth photo in the fourth file." How many days till you go to Italy?

Royce's said...

That is so cool, wish I could go! One day! Here is the new address to our blog rollingwiththeroyces.blogspot.com. It will explain and you probably wont be surprised since you know Rory and I better than anyone else!