Monday, March 7, 2011

Paris





Mon cherie a'more....
The last time I flew to Italy for Charlotte's birth, I took a red eye to NYC, took the subway into the city and walked around all day including a ricky first time all by myself shopping experience with the black market on Canal Street. Then I boarded another overnight flight to Charles deGaul. As we landed about 5am I looked out my airplane window and saw about 2-3 inches of new snow with a little tonka truck sized plow and knew we were in trouble. I wove my way through the very confusing airport, trying to decifer the difference between Terminal F & Termindal F2. Eventually I found my way back through security and to my connecting flight gate only to realize that very few flights were leaving Paris that day. That would mean my third day sleeping either in an airport or ?? They unchecked all of our bags but now there were thousands of bags piled up with 2 days of stuck travelers. I realized my best option was to try and get a flight out and connect into Milan. Fortunately I was able to get to Rome, then a connecting flight into Milan that night arriving about midnight. Honestly it was a miracle I could get out of Paris at all. If ever you are stuck in Paris, look up and appreciate the architecture of such a beautiful airport. Because, besides its beauty and Chocolate croissants, its was recently rated #1 worse airport in the world. But this time Rod and I had no problems. And neither did our luggage! We were even able to stop for a croissant. Now Paris is redeeming it self.... slightly.

No comments: