Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas memories



I must have been about 6 or 7 years old-- about the age of Jameson. I loved living on a farm, tromping through the fields and playing with my brothers. In the winter we would sled down the frozen alfalfa fields and build snow forts. I loved playing with my babies and dolls too. And having tea parties with my mommy. One year I tramped down to the basement and saw a little white cabinet being made by my dad. I was told it was something for my sister Deonne who lived far away. I didnt think too much about it until Christmas morning when I woke up and found a cute little white cabinet with stencil flowers and a little china tea set that Santa had brought down the chimney. I think it was my confirmation that Santa sometimes needed elves to help him in his duties because some things are just too hard to bring in his sleigh. I loved that little cabinet and carried it with me when our family left the farm a few years later. It was in my room as I grew into a young woman and traded tea parties for dates. I took it with me to my first home as a young mother and then moved it to Green River and back to Sandy where Rachael played with it until finally wore out. But I still have the little tea pot and a couple of the service pieces. And some day I plan to have a little tea party with Chanel & Rori. I might need to have Rod build me a little white cabinet. Thanks Santa, for such a great memory!

1 comment:

bella utahan said...

How old were you? I love the ties on the tree!