Saturday, June 27, 2009

Rory Alexander






Today we celebrated Rory's birthday. Rory & Jennine, Rod and RoriAna took a couple of hours and visited the Arts festival downtown. It reminded me of 25 years ago today it was also a Saturday. Rod and I took Rachael and Jonathan to Liberty Park for a German Festival. We are bratwurst and took the kids for a ride on the little paddle boat on the lake. Then we drove home, dropped off the kids to cousin Shaunna, then drove to Cottonwood Hospital where little Rory Alexander came joined the family. Our world dramatically changed. As Rod and I searched the baby book for name ideas that started with an "R" (a Royce family thing we followed) we choose Rory. It means the king. -- Actually the red headed king-- but Rory doesnt have red hair so that doesnt apply. But this little boy always did have a "roar". He has always been a little king. He loved to play with tools and made friends easily. Now as an adult we can see the spiritual gifts he was borne with have helped to mold him into an gifted man and especially an amazing son, husband and father. I love watching Rory with his children. And I love watching how much they love him. Rory, you have been a light in my life and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted your spirit to me and your father those 25 years ago.

1 comment:

bella utahan said...

what a fun way to spend your birthday! So glad that Rory is in our lives!